Following last week’s fire mishap in Lotus Label Industries, Ahmedabad, Kiran Textile House, located in Umarwada, Surat went up in flames on Monday.
The fire started in the textile warehouse located on the ground floor of the building at around 11:30 AM.
The ground floor of the warehouse was full with sarees, dress materials and furniture, which in no time, turned into ashes. However, no casualties have been reported.
Commenting on the incident, Fire officer Dipak Makhijani, said “The fire in the warehouse broke out due to short circuit. It took more than 3 hours to bring the situation under control as whole of the basement was gutted in fire.
This is not the first incident of a major fire breaking out. There have been more than five incidents reported in last ten days, and most of the times, the reason stated was short-circuit.
Basant Pareek, Chief Fire Officer, said “The department had issued notice to Kiran Textile House owners in January 2020 for lack of fire safety system. The building owners had not complied with fire safety norms. We have sealed the entire building for investigation.”
Whole of the building has been sealed and a probe has been ordered against the incident.