by Apparel Resources News-Desk
20-May-2019 | 1 min read
In an unfortunate incident of fire break out at a garment manufacturing unit at Khandsa Industrial area in Gurgaon early Sunday, six workers have reportedly suffered burn injuries while condition of two are stated to be critical.
As per reports, the fire incident took place at a time when the workers were reportedly sleeping in a room in the basement of the factory after the duty hours.
“They had worked two hours extra till 2 am, after their regular duty hours got over and decided to stay back in a room in the basement before going back home in the morning. An hour later, the fire broke out apparently due to short-circuit while they were asleep. They were engulfed in the flames by the time they woke up,” reportedly stated the President of Janseva and Sanskritik Chetna Manch Randhir Roy, who reportedly rushed the injured workers to hospital for treatment.
Amongst the injured workers were namely Kamlesh Kumar, Satyaprakash, Ravinder, Arun Kumar, Santosh and Chhote Lal from the state of Uttar Pradesh. Of the six, four reportedly suffered 30-35 per cent burns while the two critical reportedly sustained 70 per cent burn injury.
Share This Article