by Apparel Resources
03-October-2018 | 4 mins read
One of the largest apparel companies in the world, PVH Corp. owns brands like Van Heusen, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, IZOD, Arrow, Warner’s, and Olga. It has over 36,000 associates operating in over 40 countries. With nearly US $ 9 billion in annual revsenues, the company sources apparels from hundreds of apparel manufacturers from across the globe. But, there are only 5 gold vendors of PVH Corp. and these vendors account for 40 factories in nine countries. In order to participate in the Gold Program, a vendor must have had no Orange or Red 3 rated factories, nor any non-code violations in the past three years (e.g., no unauthorised subcontracting), and they must be a Tier 1 vendor.
Here are the Five gold vendors of PVH Corp.
1. TYH: Established in 2000, TYH Tekstil is one of the largest garment producers of Turkey with 2650 employees and yearly 24 million-unit production capacity. With a turnover of more than US $ 100 million, the company specialises in women’s, men’s, and kids’ knitwear products. It produces fast fashion products, collection based-branded products, and corporate-wear.
2. Brandix Essentials Ltd.: The Brandix, as a whole, employs over 47,000 associates across 42 manufacturing locations in Sri Lanka, India, and Bangladesh. This underwear business is structured with its product development and front-end centre in the periphery of Sri Lanka; four manufacturing facilities in rural Sri Lanka, and a large-scale manufacturing facility in the Brandix India Apparel City in Visakhapatnam (India). With a strong European and US customer base in Underwear, the business has offered a variety of products, ranging from, basic underwear to highly embellished fashion underwear to its reputed brands which include the likes of Victoria’s Secret, Pink, M&S, DBA, CK, PVH, Lane Bryant, and La Senza.
3. MAS Intimates: The largest division of MAS Holdings (having annual revenue of US $ 1.8 billion.), MAS Intimates is situated in Dhaka. With 4 design and development hubs in New York, Hong Kong, London, and Sri Lanka, and 14 manufacturing facilities in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, India, and Indonesia, MAS Intimates employs over 37,000 people around the globe. In 2016, it produced 228 million products, covering bras and briefs and a range of shape-wear, performance wear, sleepwear, lifestyle wear, and wearable electronics and smart clothing. Overall, the organization is headquartered in Sri Lanka with 53 manufacturing facilities placed across 16 countries, with design locations placed in key style centres across the globe and over 95,000 people involved in its operation.
4. PT Ungaran Sari Garments: Based at Central Java, Indonesia and part of Busana Apparel Group, the company has 12,100 machines at 3 units. It produces more than 2 million men’s Shirts and 1 million ladies’ soft dressing per month. Baking, Non-Iron Taping, handling of fine fabrics, and decorative stitches are the strengths of the company. Overall, the group’s 30 factories that are located in Indonesia and Ethiopia, offer employment to 28,000 employees. Dedicated to woven apparel production, it has a capacity of producing 50 million pieces per annum.
5. Esquel Group: The Chinese company is the world’s largest woven shirt maker as it produces nearly 110 million shirts annually. It has factories in Malaysia, Vietnam, Mauritius, and Sri Lanka. The group has annual business of US $1.3 billion and a global workforce of 57,000 people. Its factory in Jiumeiqiao, Guilin, is like a new model that strives for a balance between production facilities and eco-tourism elements in a harmonious way.